How to Get Registered
The liability of registration into the Electronic Tolling System applies to the operators of motor vehicles to which the Toll payment liability applies and some operators of Vehicles Exempt from Toll.
The first step of the Vehicle Operator at the registration into the Electronic Tolling System is the decision about the Toll payment regime. It is possible to choose the Toll payment in advance, i.e. Prepaid Toll Regime or Toll payment based on an invoice, i.e. Postpaid Toll Regime. According to this decision, it is needed to choose the appropriate application form that may be filled in and submitted by the Vehicle Operator in person or by means of its authorised representative. At the vehicle registration into the Electronic Tolling System under the Prepaid Toll Regime, also the Vehicle Driver may file the application for registration on behalf of the Vehicle Operator.
The application for registration into the Electronic Tolling System is at the same time the proposal for making the Contract on the Use of Specified Road Sections and the proposal for making the Contract on the Provision of the On-Board Unit. It is filed on the form issued by the System Operator for individual regimes of the Toll payment. The application may be filed in person at Contact or Distribution Points or by means of the System Operator’s business representatives or by means of Fleet Cards Issuers or by means of the Web Portal www.emyto.sk where the appropriate forms are at the disposal, and/or via post, fax or e-mail.
For the registration purposes the System Operator is authorised to require the following data:
- business name and address of the place of business, if the Vehicle Operator is a natural person – businessman,
- name, surname, date of birth, address of residence, citizenship, ID card or passport No., if the Vehicle Operator is another natural person,
- name or business name and address of the registered office, if the Vehicle Operator is a legal entity,
- name and surname, date of birth, citizenship and address of residence of the Vehicle Driver or Authorised Representative of the Vehicle Operator,
- ID card or passport No. of the Vehicle Driver or Authorised Representative and the driving licence No. of the Vehicle Driver,
- ID of the Vehicle Operator, if assigned or similar data corresponding to it in another country,
- Vehicle Operator’s Tax ID, if assigned,
- data about the Vehicle Operation registration into the commercial or similar registry, if it is registered in any such registry,
- vehicle registration number and country of registration,
- vehicle category,
- Total Vehicle Weight, number of axles and vehicle emission class,
- data whether the vehicle is equipped by a device or adjustment that could prevent a proper functioning of the On-Board Unit (e.g. metalized windscreen),
- expected total length of the Specified Road Sections planned to be used by the vehicle at one-off use of Specified Road Sections or expected total length of the distance driven during a specified time period at repeated use of Specified Road Sections,
- Vehicle Operator’s bank connection,
- Vehicle Operator’s contact data.
In addition to the above registration data before signing the Contract on the Use of Specified Road Sections under the Postpaid Toll Regime it is needed to state in the application for registration also the data about the manner of securing the Toll payment liability i.e. information about the type, provider, amount and due date of the guarantee.
Application for registration form is available for download in the section Downloads.
The whole process may be simplified and speeded up by a registration on the Web Portal in a self-service zone and subsequently by visiting any Customer Service Centre.
In case that in the near future you do not plan to use the specified road sections, return the OBU as soon as possible. Get information on how to return the OBU easily and on time, without exposure to contractual penalty.