Unused prepaid tolls (overpayment) can be refunded to the Vehicle Operator and/or the Vehicle Driver in full amount only after termination of the Contract on the Use of the Specified Road Sections, while the Contract on the Use of the Specified Road Sections may also be terminated upon proper return of a functioning and intact OBU, including its accessories defined in the OBU operating instructions, either as a whole or in the section involving the Vehicle to which the OBU has been assigned.
Unused prepaid tolls shall be refunded by the Toll Collection Administrator via wire transfer to the Vehicle Operator's bank account or in cash at Contact Points and/or Distribution Points.
In the event of a refund of an unused prepaid tolls in cash, the unused prepaid tolls shall be refunded up to the maximum amount of 100 Euros. If the amount of the unused prepaid tolls is over 100 Euros, the full amount shall be refunded only via wire transfer to the Vehicle Operator's bank account.
The Vehicle Operator is responsible for the correctness of the bank account data.
In the event that the Vehicle Operator in the prepay toll mode wishes to have a toll invoice overpayment refunded before the following billing period ends, it must submit a written request for refund delivered to the System Operator.
In the event that the Contract on the Use of Defined Road Sections has been terminated upon proper return of a functional and intact OBU, including its accessories as defined in the OBU operating instructions, as a whole, the refund can be requested at a Contact or Distribution Point by:
- the Vehicle Driver,
- the Statutory Body of the Company,
- an authorised person, while:
the Vehicle Driver is required to submit the following documents:
- original of the vehicle registration certificate and/or the valid vehicle technical certificate,
- the driver's ID and/or passport.
The statutory body of the company shall be required to submit the following documents:
- the original or an officially verified extract from the commercial register, trade or a similar register in which the company is registered not older than 3 months.
- the statutory body's ID and/or passport.
An authorised person:
- original or an officially verified extract from the commercial register, trade or a similar register in which the company is registered not older than 3 months.
- an officially certified power of attorney, or authorisation to receive funds for the given vehicle license plate number (can also be sent scanned by e-mail)
- the authorised person's ID and/or passport
In case of a refund request under the postpay toll mode or under the prepay toll mode, if the amount exceeds 100 Euros, the Vehicle Operator shall request a refund through a written Request for refund delivered to the System Operator.
Refund (for unused overpaid tolls) can be requested at a Contact or Distribution Point only after termination of the Contract of the Use of the Specified Road Sections as well as via e-mail, in which the Vehicle Operator submits an electronic copy (scan) of a fully completed Request for Refunds signed by the Vehicle Operator/Statutory Body of the company to firstname.lastname@example.org , while the refund will be made exclusively via wire transfer to the Vehicle Operator's bank account.
In case of a Contact and Distribution Point, a request of up to 100 Euros shall be provided on site in cash.
In case the funds exceed 100 Euros, the system operator shall, after acknowledgement/delivery of a complete request for refund of the Vehicle Operator/Statutory Body of the Company, process the request and the funds shall be refunded via wire transfer to the Vehicle Operator's bank account specified in the request for refund.
In the event of providing incorrect banking details and/or an incompletely filled and/or unsigned request, the request shall not be processed by the System Operator.
All rights and obligations of Vehicle Operators, Vehicle Drivers or authorised persons involving the contractual relationships with the Toll Collection Administrator (System Operator) and/or registration in the electronic toll system shall be governed by the relevant provisions of the General Business Terms and Conditions of the Toll Collection Administrator and the General Business Terms and Conditions of the System Operator, and which are available in the section of the Customer services, subsection Documents for download.
For more information on the electronic toll collection system in the Slovak Republic, please visit:
- the web portal www.emyto.sk in the section Customer Services, subsection Registration of vehicles and required documents and Toll payment options,
- on the phone by means of the Customer Service Line +421 2 35 111111.