The following vehicles are exempt from toll payment only if they are registered in the electronic toll system:
- vehicles of the armed forces or civil units of the sending country for the purpose of performing duties under specific regulations;
- vehicles of the rescue units of the integrated rescue system, except for legal persons and natural persons whose purpose is to provide assistance in the protection of life, health and property under a specific regulation;
- vehicles of the Toll Collection Administrator;
- vehicles used for the maintenance of the specified road sections;
- vehicles used for toll collection enforcement by persons appointed for toll collection enforcement;
- vehicles that make up mobilisation reserves in the performance of tasks under a specific regulation.
The operator of a toll-exempt vehicle with the obligation to register the vehicle in the electronic toll system shall, before starting to use the specified road sections, ask the System Operator to register the vehicle in the electronic toll system, exclusively at a Contact Point, by filling in the registration form for the registration of toll-exempt vehicles.
To the duly completed registration form, the Operator needs to attach:
- the vehicle registration certificate or the vehicle technical certificate;
- documents proving the person of the operator of the vehicle exempt from toll payment and the documents proving the reason for the vehicle exemption pursuant to item 3 below.
If a change of any of the registered data occurs immediately before the start of the use or during the use of the specified road sections by a toll-exempt vehicle, the vehicle operator shall submit the changed data for registration into the electronic toll system within 5 days from the date of the change.
When registering a vehicle exempt from toll payment, the operator of the toll-exempt vehicle shall submit:
- documents proving the person of the operator of the toll-exempt vehicle (e.g. extract from the Companies Register, the certificate of election of a person for the mayor of a municipality, etc.);
- documents proving the reason for exemption of the Vehicle (e.g. contract on the maintenance of the specified road sections, etc.).
If vehicle exemption is limited by time and space, the Vehicle Operator shall specify the time and the place to which the vehicle toll exemption applies.
For the purpose of registering a vehicle exempt from the toll, the operator of the vehicle exempt from toll shall submit in particular the following data:
- the company name, the address of the place of business if the vehicle operator is a natural person - entrepreneur; or name, surname, personal ID no. or the date of birth, address of residence, nationality, ID card number or passport number if the vehicle or vehicle combination operator is other natural person;
- name and business name and registered office, if the vehicle operator is a legal entity;
- the vehicle license plate number and the country where the vehicle is registered;
- the contact details of the vehicle operator, in particular contact telephone number, facsimile number and e-mail address, if available.
Upon receiving the request, i.e. duly completed registration form for the registration of toll-exempt vehicles, including all annexes, the System Operator shall process the data and submit the application to the Toll Collection Administrator for approval. Based on approval/rejection by the Toll Collection Administrator (Národná diaľničná spoločnosť, a.s.), The System Operator will send to the Vehicle Operator a "Statement on the request for the registration of vehicles exempt from toll".
All rights and obligations of the operators of vehicles exempt from toll shall be governed by the relevant provisions of the General Business Terms and Conditions of the System Operator and the General Business Terms and Conditions of the Toll Collection Administrator, as well as the relevant provisions of Act No. 474/2013 Coll. on Toll Collection for the Use of the Specified Road Sections and on amending and supplementing certain acts as amended.
You can obtain more information on how to register vehicles in the toll system on:
- on the web portal www.emyto.sk in the section Customer Services,
- on the phone by means of the Customer Service Line +421 2 35 111111.